Sarah Hanford - International Student Officer (Visiting Students)Please note my normal hours of working are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 8am until 4pm.
Alice Degei - International Student Officer (Erasmus and Exchange Students)
Where to find us? Registry (Main Building)
University of Winchester, Sparkford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO22 4NR
Who can apply?
The exchange programme is open to students from our five 'exchange partner' American Universities: University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire; University of Southern Maine; Southern Oregon University, Alfred University and Shenandoah University.
The visiting programme is open to students from our partner universities and also any student registered on a recognised programme of study at an international university or higher education institution. Please note tuition fees are payable for this programme.
The Erasmus exchange is open to students from European institutions with which we have a bilateral agreement.
How and when to apply:
Please download, complete and arrange for your home university exchange co-ordinator to return by email the application and module selection forms below to Exchange.Visiting@winchester.ac.uk. These forms do not have to additionally be posted.
Please see the application form regarding university accommodation. University accommodation cannot be guaranteed for late nominations or applications unfortunately.
- For Semester 1, 2014/2015 - applications (or nominations) must be received by 12th May 2014.
- For Semester 2, 2014/2015 - applications (or nominations) must be received by 24th October 2014.
If English is not your first language, you must provide one form of evidence of your English language competence from the list below and enclose with your application:
- IELTS – Minimum overall score of 6, including 6 in Academic Writing or TOEF IBT 80 (19 in writing).
- an Overseas GCE O level in English language at Grade A – C or equivalent qualification
- Or an academic reference to validate your English language skill.
Semester 1, September 2014
On-line registration - Mon 1 Sep - 10am - to Fri 12 Sep 2014
Arrivals on site - Saturday 13 September 2014
Enrolment (main) - Monday 15 - Wednesday 17 Sep 2014
University welcome - Thursday 18 Sept 2014
Last day of teaching - Friday 12th December 2014
Move out day - Saturday 13th December 2014
Semester 2, January 2015
Arrivals - Thursday 8 January 2015 and enrolment on Friday 9 January 2015
Module information 13/14
Please note that module information for 14/15 will be available shortly.
It is essential to read the 'How to choose modules' guide before making your selections.
Information for students eligible to select BA Primary Teaching and Social work modules.
Eligible students are from partner institutions with whom we have a specific Education subject agreement.
Suitable modules for Teaching and Social Work Students are attached below.
How do I request a placement?
The University of Winchester specialises in Primary education so placements would normally be in a primary school. We can offer a maximum of 10 days in school. Social Work placements need to be negotiated with the Programme Leader.
1) Please complete the Placement Request form and enclose with your application form. The earlier the better to enable us to establish whether we are able to meet your requirements.
2) On your module selection form, you must select the Volunteering module PR3999 (7.5 ECTS). The other 3 modules you choose must be from the Faculty of Education and Health and Social Care.
3) Please also enclose a copy of your Police check certificate from your own country with your application. The copy should be certified by your coordinator.
UK Police Record Checks for students who have requested placements
Please note that All students who have been formally accepted by us by way of a letter, and who are completing a placement must complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check upon arrival. The current cost for this is £44. You will need to pay for this. The Bureau can take up to 6 weeks to process the police check so please be aware your placement is likely to occur towards the end of your semester with us.